This product is sold out
A new way to work!
The first extruder I ever used was a small, multicolored plastic model. Do you remember those? I was 5 and I made some awesome star-shaped tubes and piles of “spaghetti noodles.” Now, many years later, I’m still making things with an extruder - but I’ve made a few changes to that early model.
Back in the ’90’s, in my own studio practice, I was throwing and altering forms to use as functional and sculptural elements in my work. I began to experiment with extruded tubes and quickly realized that when I applied the same altering techniques to the extrusions -the possibilities for form were unlimited! As my sculptural forms began to change and expand, so did my expectations of the extruder as an integral tool in the studio. I designed a set of Dies and Mudtools introduced them to the clay market in 2007. When I taught workshops I would see students struggle with certain aspects of the traditional extruder. I wanted to design a tool that was accessible to everyone, uncomplicated, and easy to use.”
Let me introduce you to PUSH- a new, powerful, but simple machine that can open up a world of possibility for your work.
- Aircraft-grade hard coat anodized aluminum and stainless steel components
- Omnidirectional: can be installed and used horizontally, vertically extruding up and down
- Variable speed
- Water resistant
- Easy to clean
- Holds 7 lbs of clay
- Runs stiff to soft clay
- Fully Electric
- Easy to use one switch operation
- No additional equipment or power source needed - plug it in and go!
PUSH Extruder includes:
- 1 PUSH Extruder
- Main body (5.5"x8.5"x21")
- Cassette (4"x4"x6" internal dimension)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 8 screws
- 1 T-handle hex key
- Power Supply (water resistant)
*Only Mudtools branded dies are guaranteed to work with our PUSH Extruder.